Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Bonner Service Leader Program at Siena College

.
The holidays are upon us and a lot of times I know I find myself thinking about me, me, and all I have to do. It is however a great time to remember those around us who are far less fortunate and therefore a great time to discuss a program that is available to students at Siena that integrates Service Learning into their four year experience.

The Bonner Service Leader Program, a partner with AmeriCorps, was established in 1989. It focuses on the development of college students as they engage in solid commitment to community service.

The Bonner Leader Program focuses and works to strengthen the student’s:




Personal Skills

Leadership Skills

Professional Skills





The Program will provide students the opportunity to:
  • Have a unique “family” within the larger Siena community
  • Attend National Conferences (Washington, DC, Florida, West Virginia)
  • Engage in short term exchanges and service projects
  • Establish a connection with a community partner
  • Engage in internships
  • Reflect on their work in a senior year capstone project/presentation
There are also some financial benefits including work-study funds and the possibility of term awards.

Have I peeked your interest?!? Check out the Bonner Service Leader website. And if you’d like to learn more about this exciting opportunity please contact me at theffernan@siena.edu or the Asst. Director and Coordinator of the Bonner Program, Gretchen Mielke at gmielke@siena.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment